Thursday, December 8, 2011

Loss of a friend


As we travel and meet so many people, I am often struck by the really nice people we meet. Some of these people come into our lives, and then we never see them again. We wonder how they are doing, but sadly some have died. We are at a point in our life where we are the next generation to leave, but somehow I just don't feel that old. When a really neat individual leaves us, there is a gasp as I realize it could have been me. Thankfully I seem to have some "good genes" and I am hoping that I will be in good health to the end.

Today I received an email from Carol Kuzyk about her husband Myles sudden death. We only knew Myles and Carol for a few short months, but viewed Myles and Carol as good friends. We met as our RV backed up to theirs at Meridian RV Park in Apache Junction. Myles always had a smile and kind words as we passed by him. I don't think I will ever forget his voice, which was so easily distinguished. May he rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment